Friday, June 3, 2016

Times I feel excited.

I feel the saddle as comfortable as a pillow underneath me.
I feel cracker’s seek coat shine from the endless brushing.
I feel my nerves rise and flutter in my tummy.
I feel the beat of the wind crashing into my face.
I feel my secure jodhpurs wrapping around my legs.
I feel the greasy reins sliding through my hands.

I see little valley farm surrounding  me.
I see the cross country stretching evenly  over the four paddocks.
I see the huge indoor arena lying restfully.
I see charlotte cantering around me comfortably.
I see mum and dad's eyes darting around watching me.
I see the green grass growing on the rolling hills.

I hear the clipping and clamping of the horse hooves beat neth me.
I hear the other rider chatting to their ponies.
I hear the sound of trucks arriving and unloading ready to ride.
I hear the horses neigh constantly.
I hear the jumps get knocked as the ponies charge over them.  
I hear my heart beating crazily like it’s going to jump out.


4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you described your heart as how it was about to jump out I have no wish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent work Ryleigh, I really like how you used descriptive words in every sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you described your heart as how it was about to jump out next time talk louder

    ReplyDelete